Sunday, May 4, 2008

Senators Win, Sun Burn, and Some Photos

As many of you know I've cut back a little to focus on family and photography. The family is doing well and I'm enjoy the time I get to spent with my wife and kids.

Finally, we got some sun today in Harrisburg. If you could see me it would be obvious that I spent several hours in the sun today. Unfortunately I forgot my sunscreen, don't worry I already put my SPF 30 in the car for future use. The Senators won 5-4(Box Score) before a crowd of 3,409 (seemed much larger then that, maybe they forgot to count a few people). Now to a few photos:


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My player of the game would be Ian Desmond (pictured above) as he was 2/3, homerun, 4 RBI's and a run scored.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mike Daniel (pictured above) was 1/5 with a homerun, run scored and a RBI.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Andrew Lefave (pictured above) was 2/4 with 3 runs scored.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Recently promoted, Zech Zinicola entered the game in the bottom of the 9. He got former Senator turned Reading Phillie John Suomi to ground out, then he walked Gookie Dawkins, Luke Appert then grounded into a double play to end the game. Zinicola earned the save.

I had a chance to talk with Zinicola prior to the game. He is very happy to be back in Harrisburg and he feels he has a lot to prove after his performance last season. He feels he found the location with his fastball and it will continue to get better as the weather warms up. That was a big problem last year as he got behind in the count and couldn't go to his slider and change up.

Next up: I will mostlikely be photographing a double-dip on Tuesday. First I plan to head to Hagerstown, MD to see the Hagerstown Suns play the Greensboro Grasshoppers at 10:35 AM. The I will travel back to see our Harrisburg Senators play the Connecticut Defenders at 6:05 PM.


Will

No comments: