Thursday, December 31, 2009

Final Post

The time has come to shut down Senators Fans Unite. I’ve been debating about ‘pulling the plug’ since April 09. Countless times I’ve wrote similar posts to this that never saw the light of day. Simply put, there is not enough time in a day for me alone to continue researching and writing articles, trying to poke around for information, taking and editing images (for both this site, MiLB and others), and posting articles. This does not include spending time with my wife and kids’; working my 8:30-5 job and life’s many other challenges.

First and foremost I want to thank my wonderful wife and kids for having patients and understanding while I devoted long hours to make SFU possible.

I want to send a special thank you to my good friends Bob and Jane for their help and continued support since I was a young kid running around collecting autographs at Senators games.

Thank you to the Senators front office for allowing me the opportunity to cover the team, the grounds crew for keeping things entertaining in the 3rd base ‘cubby’, and Steve Eddy for all the valuable information you shared with me.

Last but not least, I want to thank all the visitors of this site over the past two years. I hope you enjoyed the information, articles and photos I shared with you. It’s been a lot of fun trying to keep you updated on all the latest info regarding the Senators.

Plans are to expand and grow in my role as a photographer. I will still be around Metro Bank Park, as well as other stadiums, serving as a photographer for MLB Advanced Media. You will still be able to see my work at MLB.com, MiLB.com and various other places. My email box will still be open, so keep in touch.

Thank you and best wishes,
Will Bentzel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will, your website will be missed!!!!

Jane